Monday, August 27, 2007

Why is shipping so expensive? xD

I'm currently planning out yet another order...*sigh*
At the moment, this is what's in it:
Tennis no Oujisama Zenkoku Taikai Hen (Prince of Tennis National Tournament) vol. 3
Morning Musume - SEXY 8 BEAT (limited edition)
Cap to Bin - Thank You!! (limited release)

I have to get the Nationals DVD. It's uber expensive ($46.25 on Yesasia, $42.51 on CDJapan), but it's Golden Pair angst and it's my favorite episode in the entire OVA series, and maybe even the entire series in general, and it's really cute and amazing, and...I mean, it starts off with lots of Eiji angsting and Golden Pair love, and then it turns into Eiji being uber cute and amazing and more Golden Pair love. <33333 The episode has its own folder in My Pictures for screenshots- seriously, not many episodes do. Only the Golden Pair flashback episode (freshman Eiji = THE CUTEST THING EVER), the chibi episodes, the Prince of Bowling/Billiards/Volleyball episodes, and episode 142 (which happens to be another cute Eiji episode, but it's missing the angst that makes Zenkoku episode 4 so great), and this episode of course. This episode has everything from Eiji crying over Oishi to playing doubles in singles to self-rape...
For the record, every time I watch this episode I'm in tears by the time Eiji confronts Oishi in the flashbacks...yes, I cry over a tennis anime. >____> Shut up.
I wanna make a couple of animated GIFs from that episode, but sadly, VirtualDub doesn't work with .mp4 files. I dunno if I could do it with another program or what...
Lolz I'm gonna shut up about that episode now. I could probably rant on about it for like ever...
Then there's episode 5 of the OVA, which is also on this DVD. Honestly, I couldn't care less about that episode. It's mostly filler anyway. Except for the scene where Kaidou and Yagyuu switch places and play as each other. That scene's great, though it makes no sense whatsoever in the anime...


ANYWAY back on track.
Then there's Cap to Bin's Thank You!!. I didn't think too much of the song when I first heard it, but I love it at the moment~ <33333 Not to mention Eiji's like FRONT AND CENTER on the cover, and I'm planning on collecting all CDs involving Eiji anyway, so...
And then SEXY 8 BEAT. I'm still catching up with Morning Musume; I want their mini-album also but this order is really expensive already, and I have the money to buy it along with this stuff but my mom doesn't like it if I spend more than ~$100 on one order so I'll get it later.


I looked up all the items and added everything to my cart on both Yesasia and CD Japan...
CD Japan has cheaper prices for the items. It's great- the Tenipuri DVD's $46.25 on Yesasia but only $42.51 on CD Japan; SEXY 8 BEAT's $34.75 on Yesasia but only $30.60 on CD Japan, and Thank You!! is $9.25 on Yesasia but only $6.32 on CD Japan.
However...shipping is uber expensive on CD Japan. DDDDD: It ends up being more expensive to buy it on CD Japan...
Maybe I'm just used to Yesasia's free shipping. I dunno.
I apparently have a 500 yen coupon on CD Japan, and 200 frequent shopper points, so maybe if I use those, it'll be a bit less expensive...still though, I feel like I'm being ripped off to pay so much just for shipping. D:
So, I think I'm just gonna use Yesasia for this...I'll save the coupon and the frequent shopper points for stuff I can't get on Yesasia (meaning, more PoT character singles)...


Lolz, and I'm also getting some doujinshi. Doujinstar.com is having a sale where everything's $5, and shipping has a flat rate of $4 for more than 1 doujinshi...so I can't help myself. =P
4 doujinshi for $24...yaaay~

No comments: