Friday, August 31, 2007

School is starting...

Well, school's starting Monday. Actually, it really starts Thursday, but the boarders move in on Monday, and then there's a two-day retreat (thankfully for the freshman it's on campus, so no crap outdoor camps like last year) Tuesday-Wednesday...
I'm not looking forward to it. Then again, who is?
I got the rooms list today. I looked through the list, and I just about died. I'm the ONLY freshman boarding who was at Nobles last year. The other kids are all new. So yeah, I'm rooming with someone I don't know. Fun fun fun. I know a couple of upperclassmen (lolz I almost used the word "senpai". >___<), but we're not like friends or anything. Just a couple of girls in the year above me who I know from two years ago in the middle school, and then a kid from my Japanese class. Lol, I love Japanese class. It's the only class where I know exactly who my teacher is, exactly where it is, and exactly who's in my class, before they even give us our schedules. It's been the same the past two years, not counting those two kids from the first year- one was only here for a year because of Hurricane Katrina, and the other skipped a class so he could get farther since he was older or something. Besides that, though, unless we have a new kid that's already taken two years of Japanese...it'll definitely be Sarah, me, Wilson, Ben, and Gray from the freshmen, Richie and that kid that I can't spell his name from the 11th graders, and the senior Tana. And of course the teacher's Mrs. Graham, and the room is Baker 004, or 005, I can't remember the exact number but I know the room and where it is.
I'm not looking forward to like 50 new kids in our grade this year. Sigh. I'm never gonna remember everyone's names or anything. Look, there are some returning kids I don't know the names of, and I was in school with them for two years! >____< Guess that's what the retreat's for- can you say forced bonding? >__< My guess is it'll be like the 7th grade retreat- hang around campus, go on a tour of the campus, scavenger hunts that will be waaay too easy for the returning kids...and oh dear lord oh no they're gonna make us do the ropes course again. DAMMIT. Why the hell does the school have a ropes course anyway? Wtf?
At least we'll probably swim? The pools are pretty nice. Yeah, pools. Dunno why there are more than one.
Then we're sleeping in the gym. Oh well. It's better than sleeping outside.
As long as they don't make us share some of our "most embarrassing moments". Wait, that's the senior retreat, never mind...
You're not supposed to bring electronics stuff, but screw that. I'm bringing my iPod for the night time...

So that's really the retreat...boring and pointless, but I'm happy it's on campus. ^^ Last year was an uber crap outdoors camp, where there was so much forced bonding (which is really pointless, because really we all knew each other) and outdoorsy stuff and THEN THERE WAS THE SQUARE DANCE (oh dear lord bad memories, I had to dance with a TEACHER because I'm so unpopular. D:) and then there was the hike...god that sucked.
I'm still willing to bet half of this is utterly pointless for the returning kids...we already had a pointless "orientation" which was just "let's explain the rules of the computer lab and the library for the new kids and make the returning kids sit through it even though they learned this all two years ago". And then the impact test, but we could have easily done that later...


Besides that.
This year they didn't have a full summer reading list, which was very much appreciated. They just gave us our one required book, and then said "we're expecting you to read, but we're not going to give you a list of stuff to choose from" which really means "we're forcing you to spend time this summer reading when you could be doing more fun stuff, but besides the one crap book we're making you read, you can choose whatever book you want".
So I read kinda the minimum.
I read The House on Mango Street, which is the kind of book I'd never touch with a ten-foot-pole unless it was ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED (which it was.). It was crap. Utter crap. Sigh. At least it was short.
Then I read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Come on, that was obvious. I think they're probably expecting everyone in the grade to have read that this summer. Thankfully, it's a long book, so I can use that as an excuse to why I only read this book and...
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi). No, I didn't cheat and watch the anime. Seriously, I didn't, though to be honest now that I think about it it would have been a good idea. I actually read the first novel online. And it counts~ Well, it should at least. It's a novel, even if it is Japanese and fan-translated...it was a good book, and now I want to watch the anime...
I kinda feel like I should have read more though, and I kinda want to read the second Haruhi novel to make up for it, but I don't have enough time...I'm sure I'll have time at retreat to read, but it's on the computer, and I don't want to print it out considering it's so long...so I might start reading The Last Days instead. I dunno, Mom's been bugging me to read it...


Umm...I'm trying to hurry up right now and free up more space on my iPod so I can add some new music to it before I head off to board. Stuff like Ayu's glitter/Fated, KAT-TUN's Yorokobi no Uta (yes I know it's not really new, but I haven't added it to my iPod yet), Hey!Say!7's Hey!Say!...stuff like that.
I have two and a half days, but I'm sure I'm going to spend a while packing and getting stuff together...

What makes me sad is that Bittorrent is banned at school. Well, for the moment I'm just gonna keep using it normally (if I only use it when I have to (aka something new I want is uploaded on Jpopsuki) then it should be fine for now), but as soon as the computer guy sends out an e-mail saying "no peer-to-peer programs", I gotta stop. Sigh. Oh well. He never said anything about direct downloading...even though the speed at Nobles is pretty slow, it's better than nothing.


I don't like the fact that now I'm going to be a freshman...the same school, but using a different building, and there's no doubt I'm gonna screw something up. Well, there's really nothing I can do about it...wish I had a friend though. Sigh. I need to find someone in the new group of kids that likes anime and isn't that weird girl that follows me around once in a while, who I swear likes me in more than just a friendly way. >____< She's ok, better than that girl from camp who followed me around all the time and stuff, but still...
and if there aren't any new kids, I'll just find Olivia, a senior who's the only person I consider a friend at school, and we can talk. She likes Prince of Tennis, if I remember correctly...she cosplayed as Eiji back at Anime Boston 2007. I need to see pics...back then I ignored it cause I didn't like PoT...
Now I can be an actual member of the Anime Club, yaaaayyy~
last year in the spring I found I could go to some of the meetings, but I only ended up at one. This year I can go to all of them since I'm in the high school~


Now that school's starting again, I think I'm gonna log back in to NarutoFan. I don't know why I just kinda died, but I did...it started because of Prince of Tennis, then I was back on regularly, but then camp happened...and after that I just haven't logged on since. I really should...


So...I don't want to go back to school...but sadly it's kinda necessary. I wish I was going to the public school...with all my friends and everything...but I'm stuck at Nobles for all of high school. Oh well.

No comments: