Thursday, August 23, 2007

So I decided to take a look through my music in a different way today...

I just moved a few days ago, and my CDs were still sitting in a crate all bubblewrapped and nice and neat and everything, and I finally got around to putting them back on my shelf. Since I was pretty bored, plus I wanted to see what this would turn out like, I sorted my CDs by release date rather than by artist, and the results kinda surprised me. I was expecting most of my CDs to have been released between 2005-2007, considering I first got into j-pop in 2005. Surprisingly, the year that had the most CDs ended up being 2004. Turns out a lot of the Prince of Tennis music I've been buying recently was released in 2004...xD 6 singles and one of the soundtracks. Here's basically how it went down by year:
1 single (hitomi - problem) from 1997
1 single
(globe - still growin' up) from 1999
1 album
(Puffy - SPIKE) from 2000
3 singles
(Aozu - WHITE LINE, Morning Musume - Do it! Now, the brilliant green - Rainy days never stays), 4 albums (Do As Infinity - Do The Best, Puffy - An Illustrated History, Hamasaki Ayumi - I am..., Utada Hikaru - DEEP RIVER), and 1 soundtrack (Kingdom Hearts) from 2002
6 singles
(BoA - Rock With You, BoA - Shine We Are! / Earthsong, Every Little Thing - Grip!, Kikumaru Eiji - ONE, Koda Kumi - real Emotion / 1000 no Kotoba, Koda Kumi - COME WITH ME), 1 mini-album (Hamasaki Ayumi - Memorial address), 2 albums (Hello! Project - Pucchi Best 4, Puffy - NICE.), and 3 soundtracks (Final Fantasy X-2, NARUTO OST 1, Prince of Tennis OST 2) from 2003
15 singles
(Abe Natsumi - Koi no Telephone GOAL, BoA - Be the one, BoA - Merry-Chri, Goto Maki - Sayonara "Tomodachi ni wa Naritakunai no", Hamasaki Ayumi - Moments, Heartsdales - LOVE & JOY, Kaidou Kaoru - Sekai wa Kawaru, Kawamura Takashi - Asobi ni Ikanai ka?, Kikumaru Eiji - Come Together, Kikumaru Eiji - Kiku-chan no Souran Bushi, m-flo loves BoA - the Love Bug, Ooishi Shuuichirou - Honto no Kimochi, Otsuka Ai - Happy Days, Pull Tab to Kan - Wonderful days, UTADA - DEVIL INSIDE), 5 albums (Hamasaki Ayumi - MY STORY, Morning Musume - Ai no Dai 6 Kan, Shimatani Hitomi - Tsuioku+LOVE LETTER, Tamaki Nami - Greeting, UTADA - EXODUS), and 5 soundtracks (Puffy - HiHi Puffy AmiYumi, Best of Inu Yasha II, NARUTO Best Hit Collection, NARUTO OST 2, Prince of Tennis OST 3) from 2004
5 singles
(Hamasaki Ayumi - STEP you / is this LOVE?, Koda Kumi - Birthday Eve, Matsuura Aya - Ki ga Tsukeba Anata, Morning Musume - Chokkan 2 ~Nogashita Sakana wa Ookizo!~, UTADA - EXODUS '04), 7 albums (Amuro Namie - Queen of Hip-Pop, Do As Infinity - NEED YOUR LOVE, BoA - Girls On Top, Otsuka Ai - LOVE COOK, S.H.E - Once Upon A Time, Tamaki Nami - single collection vol. 1, Ishida Yoko - all of me), and 2 soundtracks (NANA movie, NARUTO OST 3) from 2005
10 singles
(Hearts Grow - Yura Yura, JUNE - Baby It's You / -other song that I can never remember the romaji for-, Koda Kumi - No Regret, m-flo loves Hinouchi Emi & Ryohei - Summer Time Love, Morning Musume - SEXY BOY ~Soyokaze ni Yorisotte~, Morning Musume - Ambitious! Yashinteki de Ii jan, Morning Musume - Aruiteru, Ooishi Shuuichirou & Kikumaru Eiji - Type wa D!, Oshitari Yuushi with Hyoutei Gakuen Chuu - Valentine Kiss, SABOTEN - Scenario), 5 albums (Hamasaki Ayumi - (miss)understood, Koda Kumi - BEST ~second session~, Morning Musume - Rainbow 7, NANA starring NAKASHIMA MIKA - THE END, Puffy - Splurge), and 3 soundtracks (BLEACH THE BEST, Kingdom Hearts II, NARUTO Best Hit Collection 2) from 2006
10 singles
(Aozu - Kakaeta Kiseki, Aqua Timez - ALONES, HOME MADE Kazoku - Nagareboshi ~Shooting Star~, Hoshimura Mai - Sakura Biyori, Morning Musume - Egao YES Nude, Morning Musume - Kanashimi Twilight, Morning Musume - Onna ni Sachi Are, nobodyknows+ - Hero's Come Back!!, Ore Ska Band - Tsumasaki, YUI - Rolling star) and 1 soundtrack (BLEACH BEAT COLLECTION THE BEST) from 2007

Some more observations (about my music in general, really):
I have too many soundtracks. *sigh* That doesn't even count the Prince of Tennis character singles.
I have a single by globe, a group that I don't even like. wtf.
Everything I have that was released this year is either related to anime or Morning Musume. Hmm.
I still really need to grab Morning Musume's latest album along with their mini-album, then I can start going back through and getting their older stuff. I have yet to decide whether I should work backwards and start with Iroppoi Jirettai or start from the beginning and go on a hunt for those old out-of-print 8cm singles. No, I'm not going to just get the rereleases, even though that'd be easier. I think I saw a few of the 8cm singles on eBay earlier...
I don't think that Tamaki Nami singles collection is official. I got it at PortCon this year...dunno why I grabbed it rather than something like Utada's Ultra Blue or something. I couldn't find a release date for it, so I stuck it in with the 2005 stuff since it had all her singles up through Heroine, which was released in 2005. Now that I take a closer look at it, it doesn't look all that official...great. *sigh* Oh well.
Everything I got at either Anime Boston, PortCon, or Tokyo Kid (the closest anime store) seems to be some sort of overseas version...I can't tell if they're bootlegs or legit overseas releases, like some of the earlier CDs I got off of Yesasia- I always used to go for the overseas versions cause they're cheaper. Hopefully the latter. I mean, that's 21 of my albums/soundtracks right there. o_o
Everything I have that was released in 2007 is some sort of first press/limited edition. Rolling star, Tsumasaki, Sakura Biyori, and ALONES all have a Bleach sticker attached to the obi. Hero's Come Back!! has some sort of Shippuuden Othello board, and I forget what Nagareboshi came with, but it came with some sort of first press bonus. The BLEACH BEAT COLLECTION THE BEST is the first press version, but I dunno if it came with anything special. All 3 Momusu singles were one of the limited editions- Egao YES Nude is the LE A version with a DVD, Onna ni Sachi Are is the LE B version with a photobook, and Kanashimi Twilight is supposed to be the LE B version, and it has the correct cover, but Amazon didn't send me the photobook or something weird like that. It still counts. =P The last CD, Aozu's Kakaeta Kiseki, is just teh uber limited release in general- almost all of the Tenipuri character singles are, the only exceptions being the Best of Seigaku/Rival Players series. I personally think they should at least give the OP/ED theme singles normal releases, but whatever...

Oh, for the record, I only counted the CDs I actually have on hand right now- meaning yes, there are two CDs on my list of CDs that aren't in here- Ao to Bin to Kan's Gather and GIGS' Flower, but those are still on their way to my house~
And I have the American releases of all my Puffy CDs, but I used the original Japanese release dates for this.

I'll post a pic of the finished product when I actually finish. At the moment I just have them sitting in piles sorted by year...

No comments: