Friday, August 10, 2007

So I know I said I wouldn't order through Amazon again after what happened last time, but...

...they had Oshitari's Valentine Kiss single, and I just couldn't resist. xD Considering the only version still available on Yesasia is Sanada's, and none are still available on CD Japan...I basically jumped at the chance to get Oshitari's. xD
I'm not technically ordering from Amazon anyway, just through it...for every item in my cart, I'm using the "buy used & new" option so it's not actually coming from Amazon. It's way cheaper this way too. xD
So this is exactly what I'm getting:
Aozu (Echizen Ryoma, Fuji Shuusuke, Tezuka Kunimitsu, Ooishi Shuuichirou) - Kakaeta Kiseki (Prince of Tennis National Tournament OVA 2nd opening)
Ao to Bin to Kan (Atobe Keigo, Sanada Genichirou, Oshitari Yuushi, Kikumaru Eiji, Sengoku Kiyosumi, Fuji Shuusuke, Kirihara Akaya, Echizen Ryoma) - Gather
GIGS
(Echizen Ryoma, Tezuka Kunimitsu, Atobe Keigo, Sanada Genichirou) - Flower -Saki Midareshi Hana- (Prince of Tennis National Tournament OVA 1st opening)
Kikumaru Eiji - ONE
Oshitari Yuushi - Valentine Kiss
Prince of Tennis Box Set 2


After I get Kakaeta Kiseki and Flower, the only seiyuu OP/ED songs left to get are Fujori (by Hyoutei Eternity; the second OVA ending) and Thank You!! (by Cap to Bin; the third OVA ending)...
ONE is by Eiji, which means I HAVE to get it, which means that all that's left for my Eiji solo collection is his album Hello! and his Best of Seigaku single, Tsubasa ni Natte. But neither of those are limited releases, so I think I'm gonna put those off for now while I go through and get some limited stuff.
As for why I bought Gather...well, it's the JUNIOR SENBATSU TEAM of course. xD Fuck the fact that that was all filler, it has EIJI in it (which made me UBER UBER HAPPY when they added Eiji to the team because I didn't think Eiji would make it on the team in a million years) and it has KIRIHARA in it (well, it's not Kirihara I care about, it's his seiyuu Morikubo Shoutaro who is AMAZING) and having both of them in the SAME SONG is uber uber amazing. WHICH IS WHY I NEED TO FIND DOWNLOADS OF EVERYTHING RELEASED BY THE DUO HEART-BEAT BECAUSE IT'S BOTH OF THEIR SEIYUU. *dies* (even though Eiji's seiyuu sounds nothing like Eiji when he's not actually trying to sing as Eiji.) I really like the song anyway. xD
And last but not least, Valentine Kiss. Hmm, I wonder if anyone out there in the j-pop blogosphere knows about the '80's song Valentine Kiss by some member of Onyanko Club? I hadn't heard of it until recently, when I was looking at the Lucky Star Wikipedia page to see the list of endings and on the talk page someone mentioned something about Valentine Kiss (one of the endings) being used as a Prince of Tennis song. That immediately got me interested, so I looked it up. Turns out, the song has been covered by 5 different Prince of Tennis seiyuu on 7 different releases. On Valentine's Day 2004, Atobe released a single containing a cover of Valentine Kiss. In 2005, it was Oshitari who released the Valentine Kiss single. In 2006, they both released Valentine Kiss singles...I haven't listened to them all yet, I don't know if they were re-releases or actually sung differently or whatever. In 2007, it was Sanada from Rikkaidai who released a Valentine Kiss single. Also, Shishido sung a cover of it as a bonus track on his album, and Ooishi did the same for his album.
The version on Amazon is Oshitari's 2006 version...the only other version I found was Sanada's, which I can still get on Yesasia so I'll grab it later.
Oh, and then I guess there's the 2nd PoT box set. I need to watch the dub. I haven't watched it since they took it off the air back in June...I wanna start from the beginning and I don't think you can do that on Toonami Jetstream. To be honest, from what I remember of the dub, it absolutely sucked, but whatever. Really, if I can handle Dub Piece I can handle this. I think.

I noticed the lack of non-PoT stuff in this, and I swear I'll make it up next order, which at the moment I think will consist of...Arashi's latest album Time, Morning Musume's SEXY 8 BEAT (limited edition of course), and Morning Musume's 7.5 Fuyu Fuyu Morning Musume Mini or w/e it's called (limited edition for that too). Probably Manatsu no Megane's, by Megane's (I don't even know how to make "Megane's" possessive, I seriously doubt it'd be "Megane's's") and Cap to Bin's Thank You!! too (I would actually get those in this order, but there aren't any "buy used & new" options for either single and I don't quite trust Amazon with import CDs anymore), and if I have the money maybe the Ongaku Gatas single. The limited edition probably, because I like the cover a lot better. xD
But that'll have to wait until later.
(or I might buy the 3rd PoT OVA DVD. I just got waaaaayyy too tempted to get it when I found it on CD Japan while looking for the Tenimyu DVDs...I mean, it's Eiji, and Golden Pair angst, not to mention it's the OVA series so the animation quality is great and everything...)



Anyway, I'm heading off to Cape Cod tomorrow morning (against my will) for a week with no TV and no internet, but I'm bringing the PS2 down along with a couple of *coughcoughillegallydownloadedcoughcough* Tenipuri games (I have Doki Doki Survival Secret, Doki Doki Survival Mystic, Gakuensai no Oujisama, and Smash Hit! 2- the first three being dating sims and the last being just a tennis game) and Narutimate Accel to hopefully keep me busy. (lolz, for the record I just recently found out you can download PS2 games and burn them onto DVDs, and I've kinda been abusing that power I guess...) That in addition to summer reading and a couple of episodes of Shippuuden plus about 8 episodes of Bleach plus all of Gintama plus all of Lucky Star...well, I don't think I'll be too bored while hanging out in the cottage. xD

I really was expecting to scan and upload the CDs from my most recent order, but my mom's computer wasn't hooked up to the scanner and every time I remember to ask her, she's not in the house. >____< And now I don't have enough time...sorry, I'll get those up as soon as I get back~


On a total side note, there's no Jump this week. Which makes me UBER UBER SAD because I wanted to at the very least find out who's playing doubles 2 before I get sent off to Cape Cod and cut off from the world for a week. T________T

No comments: