Saturday, January 26, 2008

v-u-den breaking up

The Hello! Project official website has a new announcement, simply called "News from Hello! Project". The contents of the announcement?
v-u-den is disbanding on the final night of their concert tour in June.
Apparently it's because Okada Yui is turning 20, but I don't really see what that has to do with anything.

I'm really sad about this, they weren't my favorite group in H!P but I really loved their early singles- I haven't been as much of a fan of their latest singles but I still kept looking forward to each one. I just bought their Single Best 9 limited edition album...
Rika has Ongaku Gatas, so I'm not really worried about her that much. Hopefully this means Ongaku Gatas will be around for a while.
I can't help but wonder what's going to happen to Erika and Yui. Neither of them have anything else in Hello! Project. Maybe they'll be involved in an upcoming new unit. I really don't want to see them just sit around doing nothing like so many other members that left a group and haven't done anything since.

I hope for the best for all three of them, and while I'm definitely going to miss v-u-den, maybe something really good will come out of all this.

No comments: