Friday, January 4, 2008

Megane's - another new single!

Chyeah, Megane's definitely isn't done yet, even though people said they were done after their third single. Odorimasen ka? Megane's was released December 22nd, and they've already announced their fifth single! So far it doesn't have a title, but it's set to be released March 16th.
The 16th is another weird release day, it's a Sunday, just like their last single. However, their last single was released on Sunday due to the Jump Festa- I don't know if there's anything going on that weekend for it to be released on a Sunday.
...
Actually, I looked it up, and sure enough, there is. The HUGE Prince of Tennis Live 100 Song Marathon concert, which features the top 100 character songs as chosen by the fans online, takes place on March 16th. I assume they're tying in the new Megane's single release.
The first DVD of the National Tournament Finals OVA is being released on the same day, I don't know what day of the week anime DVDs are usually released, but I'm pretty sure they're also going to tie the DVD release in to the event. I hope this marathon gets released on DVD, I know I'd definitely buy it.

With the release of their fifth single, the Megane's is the PoT seiyuu group with the most singles released. Both Aozu and Cap to Bin, the two Seigaku units, have released four singles each (three separate for each, and one double A-side where they each had a song). I don't think there have been any other groups that had more than one or two singles.

Hopefully this single is better than Odorimasen ka? Megane's (which Yesasia just renamed "Shall we dance? Megane's" for some reason), guess we'll have to see.

No comments: