Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I can't spend this much money, dammit!

Only like two weeks after I purchased $95 of CDs from Yesasia, here I am with $180 of music in my cart again. I'm honestly not sure who I should blame for this. I think it's a combination of Hello! Project deciding to release both Buono!'s and Ongaku Gatas' debut albums in the same month, the Prince of Tennis rerelease spree, and the fact that they're both happening at like the exact same time. That's HELLISHLY bad timing!
Curse whoever came up with the idea of limited editions and limited releases. As always, everything I want is limited, so there's the chance of it selling out if I don't get it now. But there's no way I could spend $180 right now. I mean, yeah, I have the money, but 1) I have to go through my mom for purchases because it's through her credit card, which means she can say 'no', and I get the feeling she will because of how expensive this is, and 2) I have no income, so I can't spend so much money each month. =P


Anyway, this is what I want to get:
Buono! - Renai Rider (limited edition)
Buono! - Cafe Buono! (limited edition)
Ongaku Gatas - 1st GOODSAL (limited edition)
Kai Yuujirou - Valentine Kiss (limited release)
Inui Sadaharu - DISTANCE (limited release)
Echizen Ryouma - future / WHITE LINE (limited release)
Hyoutei Eternity - Fujouri (limited release)
The Prince of Tennis op.REQUEST (limited release)
The Prince of Tennis ed.REQUEST (limited release)
3 Guava Trio - BRAND NEW DAY (limited release)


I -guess- I could cut the op/ed REQUEST CDs out if necessary, along with Fujouri- they're not too high on my priority list, I just really want them because the op/ed REQUEST CDs are opening/ending theme compilations (which I love) and Fujouri is the only seiyuu theme song I'm missing...
I just kinda get the feeling that the H!P CDs are going to sell out way faster than the PoT CDs, but I'm still worried that if I cut any CDs from this order they won't be available by the time I make my next order.

So, I had the bright idea to look on CD Japan, cause the prices are much lower there, right? I actually did a quick price comparison for all of the CDs:
Buono! - Renai Rider: $17.49 (Yesasia), $13.89 (CD Japan)
Buono! - Cafe Buono!: $32.99 (Yesasia), $31.49 (CD Japan)
Ongaku Gatas - 1st GOODSAL: $33.75 (Yesasia), $30.87 (CD Japan)
Kai Yuujirou - Valentine Kiss: $9.99 (Yesasia), not listed but presumed to be $6.85 like all previous Valentine Kiss singles (CD Japan)
Inui Sadaharu - DISTANCE: $7.64 (Yesasia), $5.56 (CD Japan)
Echizen Ryouma - future: $10.75 (Yesasia), $8.82 (CD Japan)
Hyoutei Eternity - Fujouri: $9.25 (Yesasia), $6.88 (CD Japan)
The Prince of Tennis op.REQUEST: $25.49 (Yesasia), $24.70 (CD Japan)
The Prince of Tennis ed.REQEUST: $25.49 (Yesasia), $24.70 (CD Japan)
3 Guava Trio - BRAND NEW DAY: $7.25 (Yesasia), $4.90 (CD Japan)

Total: $180.09 (Yesasia), $158.67 (CD Japan)


So, after looking at that, you'd think CD Japan would be the obvious choice, right? Then you take a look at shipping.

Shipping: $0.00 (Yesasia), $35.20 (CD Japan)
Total with shipping: $180.09 (Yesasia), $193.87 (CD Japan)


And that's the CHEAPEST shipping option, which I'd never use. GODDAMMIT CDJAPAN. >_< The prices are so low and appealing, AND THEN THE SHIPPING PRICES ARE HELL. No shipping should ever be $35.
So anyway, Yesasia's still somehow the cheapest choice. If only CD Japan had free shipping, or at least -cheaper- shipping. I mean, I'm aware that their shipping depends on how much the package weighs, and this order does contain quite a few CDs, but STILL. $35.

Actually, either way, I'm not making this order until mid-February because I just ordered some stuff two weeks ago. All I can do is hope for a sale or something...

No comments: