Friday, January 4, 2008

Fuji Shuusuke & Tezuka Kunimitsu upcoming single!

Wow, I really need to check this site more often! I thought that site was old and wasn't updated anymore because they stopped listing the PoT CD releases in mid-2005 (all of the releases after that are listed on the Index Music site or w/e). But I looked on the main page of that site today and saw a news item just added today...
So then I checked the news page to see what type of news they showed, and guess what? ANOTHER NEW SINGLE! 8D

And GUESS WHAAAAT??
THIS IS THE 200TH PRINCE OF TENNIS CD!

★テニプリCD記念すべき200タイトル目発表!(1/4)

タイトル:未定(初回生産完全限定盤)
アーティスト:不二周助&手塚国光
発売日:2008年2月29日(金)
品番:NECM-12156
価格:¥1,200(税込)

My attempt at an English translation, I didn't really know the first line but after using an online translator, a dictionary, and some rewording, I think I got the main point across...>_>
* Tenipuri CD 200th title commemoration announcement! (1/4)

Title: TBA (first-press limited release)
Artist: Fuji Shuusuke & Tezuka Kunimitsu
Release date: 2008.02.29 (Friday)
Catalog number: NECM-12156
Price: 1,200 yen (including tax)


WHEE, another duet! So far there have been three duet singles- first was Type wa D! by Ooishi and Eiji from Seigaku, second was Rakuen e by Chinen and Rin from Higa, and third was TRICK, FAKE, or TRUTH by Yanagi and Niou from Rikkai. I guess this one's the fourth in the series...though unlike the previous singles' pairs, Tezuka and Fuji have never played doubles together.
Initially the release date confused me- first because I was like "what the hell? February 29th?" but then I realized it was a leap year this year. >> Second, because YET AGAIN it's a weird release day, but it's Friday this time.
So that initially confused me because there ISN'T any special event happening on the 29th (as far as I know), but then I realized-
IT'S THE LEAP YEAR.
Fuji's birthday is February 29th. So he only has one birthday every four years. (He was uberly pwned as soon as he was born, huh? xD) And since this is the leap year, he actually has a birthday this year!
SOOOOO he gets a single to celebrate not only the 200th seiyuu CD release, but also his birthday!

I don't know why Tezuka's involved. Cause TezuFuji's so uberly canon (but not really)?

Honestly, I'd think Ryoma should get the 200th CD. He hasn't had a CD in a while... (Never mind, forgot about Wonder Land back in September.)

I wonder what counts toward the 200 CD mark? Obviously the character singles and albums, but what about...
-radio CDs?
-soundtracks?
-musical soundtracks/Best Actor's Series?
-radio show theme songs not sung by characters (there's a set of like 4 of those that are listed on both CD Japan and the official site as PoT CDs)?
-opening/ending singles? (obviously the ones sung by the seiyuu are counted, but the others...?)
Obviously this isn't counting the rereleases...
I'm actually interested in this, I might try to figure it out this weekend.

Anyway. Yet another new Prince of Tennis single. Actually, there aren't that many coming up, it just seems like there are because of the overwhelming amount of re-releases coming out on February 27th...

No comments: