Saturday, September 1, 2007

So...Prince of Tennis is ending soon...

Well, this news killed my good mood TWICE today (yes, twice. >___>), and after the second time I figured I should at least post something about it...

http://community.livejournal.com/weeklyjump/52738.html

And if you're too lazy to click the link...
According to Ritual scan and Heiji-sama from Mangaverse, Jump will be putting an end to:
- Prince of Tennis
- Belmonde
- Hero Studies
starting from issue #48. (on sale 26th of November)

AND new series are expected by more established authors such as:
- Shinya Suzuki (Mr. Fullswing)
- Mizuki Kawashita (Ichigo 100%)
- Takeshi Obata (artist for Death Note, Hikaru no Go)
and a series by Shiibashi Hiroshi, who recently had a most superb one shot called Nurarihyon no Mago.

Last year we had these kind of rumours too, when Obata and Takei were about to start Blue Dragon and Jumbor respectively; so I'm inclined to consider this true. Also because a LOT of new artists just aren't sticking; and that likely has Jump reaching back to past glories.


I really don't care about most of that, but...
According to Ritual scan and Heiji-sama from Mangaverse, Jump will be putting an end to:
- Prince of Tennis
starting from issue #48. (on sale 26th of November)


Well...
It's no secret Prince of Tennis is almost over. However...they're rushing it...which isn't good...
I guess instead of letting it end naturally, Jump's cutting it...you'd think for a long-running series like PoT they'd at least let it end naturally...but there's no way it's ending naturally with only ~3 months left before it's over...there's too much left to finish up...even if it ended right after the Nationals (well, not that it'd go into another plot arc anyway, but I figured it'd have a couple of chapters after the Nationals), it'd still be rushing the Nationals matches...we still have three matches to go plus finishing up doubles 2...I really don't want to see a rushed ending for this...
well...this is the first time anything I've been following weekly has ended...well, Hitomi no Catoblepas is ending, but that's new and even though I was interested in it I wasn't really too into it...
I'm pretty sad I only managed to get into Prince of Tennis so recently, when it's about to end and everything...I've done that so many times it's not even funny...for once I'd like to be able to say "I read this manga weekly before it was even popular!"...for Prince of Tennis I guess it was the other way around, I caught it after it hit it's peak and when it wasn't as popular anymore...so that's why I've been trying to read new manga lately, but that's failed...Hitomi no Catoblepas was cut, Belmonde's getting cut...
I always figured for a manga/anime, once it ended in Japan, I'd still have the English version to follow...but honestly, I don't think I want to follow the English version of Prince of Tennis that much...the dubbed anime sucks, and the English manga is full of so much crap...I keep noticing stupid mistakes, like on the back of one of the volumes they called Jirou "Jin", and then "Takashi 'Taka' Momoshiro"...

so, yeah, this ruined my uber good mood this morning (hey, it's Saturday, that's enough to have me in a good mood, not to mention the PoT box set #2 came and everything) when I first saw it on the community, then after a day of reading fanfiction and listening to music and pushing this to the back of my mind, someone posted it on MangaHelpers and it ruined my mood again...

I'm seriously cursed with the bad luck of getting into series after they're either past their prime or already over...usually the second option, actually, considering most of my manga is just the English version so it's usually already over in Japan...so I think I'm gonna start some shounen series soon that aren't quite new, but aren't really uber uber huge hits...

recommendations, maybe?
then again, I think the only people who read this blog are the j-pop fans, and probably won't be able to help that much...


On the bright side, the raw for Prince of Tennis 356 is finally out...not that that's much of a bright side compared to the bad news here, but...

No comments: