Friday, July 13, 2007

Just a mini-post for now, because...

...I finally finished up the original Prince of Tennis anime, and I'm confused as hell. D: Ohmygod, the amount of filler at the end...and they like killed the plot. Ryoma in the US Open? Forget the fact that it's seriously really improbable for a 12-year-old to be in the US Open in the first place...apparently he's skipping the Nationals for it. I always thought that even with the huge amount of filler, they wouldn't change the plot like this...I guess I was wrong.
I don't even know anymore, my head's starting to hurt. DD: I've been trying to figure out how the hell they're making all of this work with canon, and I've come to the conclusion that I need to stop thinking about it or else I'll get an uber headache. D:
Maybe I'd understand it if I hadn't read the manga and so I didn't really know it was filler and crap...but I did read the manga, and I'm glad I did. Though now I'm just uber confused. I mean, I've seen icons that I can tell are anime scenes from the Nationals, and it looks normal and everything- I swear I saw an icon of the scene where Eiji confronts Oishi about Oishi being hurt and not participating in the Nationals, but it makes no sense because according to episode 178 Oishi apparently is participating and is perfectly fine. RAAAAAAAWWWWWRRRRRRRRR
I give up~
Either everything will be explained in the OVA series or they'll ignore all the filler and base it strictly off of manga canon. I hope it's the latter so I can ignore all the filler too. D:
ON TO THE PRINCE OF TENNIS NATIONAL TOURNAMENT OVA SERIES~

No comments: