Tuesday, June 5, 2007

The Naruto Xbox 360 game will have a Japanese voice track?

NarutoFan says...
"In a revolutionary move, it has been announced that the upcoming Xbox 360 exclusive Naruto: Rise of a Ninja game will, according to Microsoft, feature both the North American voice actors, and also the Japanese voices with subtitles for those who prefer to stay true to the original series. Naruto: Rise of a Ninja will let gamers experience Naruto from the series' beginning (and presumably to where the American anime series is now) and re-live Naruto's transformation from noisy ninja-academy dropout to respected ninja. "
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This makes me oh-so-very-happy.
Finally I can have a game in Japanese...and actually understand what they're saying! xDDDDD
I have a lot of other Naruto games. The first two Ninja Council games, Clash of Ninja 2, Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4, Ultimate Ninja, Narutimate Hero 3, Uzumaki Chronicles...
But none of the English games offer a Japanese voice track. And none of the Japanese games have subtitles (lol, obviously) which means I can't understand most of it. Which is why I'm uber stuck on Narutimate Hero 3 RPG mode because I can't understand WHAT THE FUCK TSUNADE'S SAYING. DDDDDD:

So my point is, none of the people who translate the games and everything have kept in the Japanese voice track. Which is why I find it kinda funny (in a good way) that the first game to have a Japanese voice track is also...the first Naruto game that was made for America only. xDDDD
I wasn't sure if this game was ever going to actually be released in Japan. Considering Japan is on Shippuuden and this game is pre-timeskip...I didn't think so. But if they're recording a Japanese voice track, then maybe it will be...I mean, why else record the Japanese voice track? I'd be pretty surprised if it turned out they were just doing it for the sub fans...
So maybe they'll keep the original voice track for games in the future? I mean like actual Japanese games, not the American games. I mean, some people would consider me a sub elitist for saying this, but I'm not looking forward to the American-only games that much. =/ I'd much rather prefer translated versions of the Japanese games. Though it doesn't seem like that'll be happening in the future...they're already making a Wii game (that I hear is going to be a lot like Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX...but pre-skip. sounds like a rip-off to me. =/), and then there's this Xbox 360 game...I have a feeling they're going to stop dubbing the Ultimate Ninja series in favor of making a PS3 game. =/ They seem to prefer making next-gen games now...which sucks for people like me who don't own any next-gen consoles cause they're too expensive.
Which is why I can't WAIT to learn enough Japanese to understand the Japanese games. 8D Narutimate Accel, HERE I COME~~~!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey..how do you play Japanese games on your PS2? =O

IndigoSkies said...

You have to get this thing called SwapMagic and this slide card thingy...it's kinda confusing. xD;; Took me a while to figure it out...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I heard about it/watched a video on youtube about it xD..it seems hard xD..doing it on the gamecube is sooo much easier.

FYI - This is RyRyMini from NF if you remember me ;P

IndigoSkies said...

Lol, yeah, I remember you. xD

And yeah, doing it on the GameCube is so much easier. But the SwapMagic is definitely worth it- I absolutely love Narutimate Hero 3, and I can't wait until I finally can get Narutimate Accel. <33
It'd be so much easier if game systems were region-free. =P Then we wouldn't even have to worry about it at all...

Anonymous said...

Yeah -.-..do you have to use it every time you want to play the game, like Freeloader?

I was thinking of buying NH2 in English when it comes out, but my ears might fall off from several of the voices. Maybe I'll just get NH3 or Accel and find a good walkthrough.

IndigoSkies said...

Yeah, you do. But you get used to it after the first few times- once you know how to do it, it really isn't as hard as it looks. xD

I'm going to try and get NH2 in English...I don't mind the English voices that much.
The NH series is a lot harder to understand in Japanese than the GNT series. I haven't found a walkthrough for the RPG mode (which is a huge part of the game), so I've just been going off of my barely-existent Japanese skills. xD It's really really hard if you don't know any Japanese.
If you do end up getting NH3, and you find a good walkthrough, let me know. xD I'm uber stuck~

Anonymous said...

DDDD: Why can't they make a Japanese w/ subtitles Wii Naruto Shippuu-den game? Just WHY? Gosh darn Xbox!!

T__T

We were thinking about getting GNT 4 for a long time, but we gave up in favor of the upcoming Bleach Wii game! Now to wait for the Wii Freeloader...

D:

Thanks for the info though, Indigo! It means there's at least a glimmer of hope...right? RIGHT??!

IndigoSkies said...

Well, with this news, it gives me hope that when they bring over Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX, they'll include the option for Japanese w/ subs. Same for Narutimate Accel...if they don't dump that in favor of a PS3 game. D:

I can't wait for a Wii Freeloader. I'm getting a Wii soon (I wasn't planning on it, but my mom decided today that she wanted one and so she's going to buy it from Amazon), and I want to play the Bleach Wii game~ =D

Anonymous said...

There's a Bleach game for Wii =O..Well, I don't have one, so that sucks xD..but I know there is a Japanese one for Gamecube - doesn't look so hot.

Indigo, try checking gamefaqs.com - I believe there is a walkthrough for NH3. The one for Accel is like..45394 printed pages long @_@..

They don't really TALK in GNT, xD..so I don't have problems understanding, plus I have a printout of the menu ;D

IndigoSkies said...

Thanks~
I checked there a while ago, and there weren't any good walkthroughs for RPG mode. I just took another look now, and now there's one that helps~ xD