Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Lolz, Morning Musume in Prince of Tennis.

8D
So I was rereading Prince of Tennis 3 today. Cause I haven't found #4 even though I've been searching for months. X_x Neither of the stores I go to have #4...
And I noticed something...kinda interesting. xD
In chapter 21, page 4...Momoshiro's biking along, and he's singing to himself. The lines of the song in the English manga are "Morning, musume. Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa...You and Momo...yay, yay, yay, yay..."
Notice anything...familiar? xDDD Took me a bit to get it, actually, since I didn't notice the first time through. But...
It's the lyrics (slightly modified) to Momusu's biggest hit, LOVE Machine~! xDD The actual lyrics are...
MOONINGU musume. mo
(Wow Wow Wow Wow)
anta mo atashi mo
(Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah)

which translate to
Morning Musume too
(Wow Wow Wow Wow)
You and me too
(Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah)

or something like that.
So that made me uber-happy. Apparently this was originally published in 1999, which makes a lot of sense, considering that's when LOVE Machine was released. Then I went to check out a fan scanlation to see if Viz changed it a bit...
And it looks like Viz added the "Momo" part.
Lolz, they should have credited Momusu in the Viz version. xD

Oh, and they changed it in the anime. =( It would have been pwnage to hear Momo actually sing LOVE Machine. xD


Yeah, not making an uber post, sorry. xD It's still exam week...

No comments: