Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Morning Musume - Mikan PV OUT!! <333

WHEE

watch it on Dohhh UP!

Ok, I LOVE this song. I don't usually absolutely LOVE a song after one listen. There are some songs that I like after the first listen, but I don't really LOVE a song until I've listened to it a couple of times.
I LOVE this song. After watching the PV once.

I mean, I love all of Morning Musume's singles. Except some of their early ones (a couple of pre-LOVE Machine singles like Memory Seishun no Hikari and Furusato), but w/e. That's totally besides the point, they had kinda a different style back then.
But lately, their songs have taken a few listens before I really start liking the songs. When I got back into j-pop after not paying attention to it for a couple of months (this was...about April-ish I think, cause the Kanashimi Twilight PV was out, but the single wasn't), I downloaded Egao YES Nude, and thought it was...different from Momusu's usual style. I like it now, but it's not really my favorite of their songs...
Kanashimi Twilight was great, but again, I didn't really like it after I watched the PV once. It really took a couple more listens before I actually liked it. And again, it doesn't really seem...Momusu-ish to me.
Onna ni Sachi Are had more of a dance-style to it, which not only was totally different from the previous singles, but it was something that I don't think I've ever heard before in a Momusu single. I mean, maybe there was a song like it on an album or as a b-side or something, I dunno. To be perfectly honest, I tend not to listen to b-sides/album songs very much. ^^;;; I liked Onna ni Sachi Are on the first listen, but not really like...'zomg this song is great', like I thought when I first heard Golden Age Momusu songs.

Mikan, however...
Wow. This song really reminds me of the Golden Age of Momusu- like Koko ni Iruzee!, as I've seen other people say. It's really pop-ish and cute, and it's totally different from their last couple of singles, which seemed almost like experiments in other styles of music. This song, however, takes them back to what worked in 2003-ish.
The music video, while not really loading correctly on my computer and freezing every couple of seconds (grr >_<), was...well, I didn't think it was anything too special, but it's good. And the baby pictures are so cute! <33
I think Takahashi Ai looked better with long hair. >_<
Linlin reminds me so much of Ayaka in a couple of scenes in the PV...xDD; Am I the only one that thinks they look similar?
And I really like Junjun. At first, I saw a picture of her that wasn't really a good picture, and I didn't think she'd be that good as a Momusu member. However, I think she looks nice in this PV, so...<3

I know Momusu hasn't been doing too well lately- at least, compared to Golden Age and everything. But I really think this song will do well~ <33

I might buy both limited editions of this single. I've never done that before- I really don't like the idea of two limited editions for a CD. >_< I mean, before, you didn't really know what would come with a limited edition of a Momusu single. It could be photocards (like Chokkan 2 and SEXY BOY), it could be a DVD (like Ambitious!), or it could be a photobook (like Rainbow 7), or maybe something else (yeah, those are the only ones that came with a CD I got). But then they started releasing two limited editions for a single, one with a DVD and one with a photobook. I don't like having to choose. xD If possible, I might seriously get both limited editions. Not sure yet, though...

1 comment:

J.N. said...

yea i really like this song too ^^