Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Mikan first week sales are a record low for Morning Musume

Aw, fuck.
I think that basically sums up my thoughts right about now. I can't believe it, and I really don't know how to react to this.
In my opinion, Mikan is Morning Musume's best single since...well, a while ago. Not that they've been really bad, but none of their singles measured up to their old releases back when they were really popular. Mikan...I thought it was a great catchy song, nice PV, it seemed more Golden Age-ish than any of their singles in the past year or two, or even longer. I thought this single would do way better than their more recent singles. Didn't mostly everyone on the H!P blogosphere like this song?
So what the hell happened to make this their lowest selling single ever?
Not that I ever expected this single to have sales rivaling Golden Age singles, but I definitely expected more than their recent singles. Instead we get a huge drop from their last single and it ended up beating out Ambitious! Yashinteki de Ii Jan as their lowest first-week single sales.

Well, I guess all we can do is cross our fingers and hope that their next single doesn't somehow drop even lower...and I think I've learned not to expect so much from Momusu. *sigh*

BUT I STILL LOVE THEM <3
xD No matter how badly they sell, I'll still support them. <33 They still remain my favorite j-pop group...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Basically, Morning Musume overshot the mark with the retro look. It's a great song in a great setting, but look what C-ute, Berryz and other J-pop groups are putting out; even AKB48 is far more aggressive than it has been. Lots of competition out there. Tsunku needs to put some zip into his songs for Momusu and pay a little more attention to them.