Monday, February 25, 2008

Arashi's "We can make it!" is a cover?!

This just blew my mind.
We can make it! is one of the two songs that got me into Arashi. I love the song and it has a really high playcount on my iPod.
I just found out today that it's a cover. Apparently the original is "Love is All Around", by some woman named Agnes Carlsson. Well.
So I immediately went onto Youtube to find the original. After a search of the artist + the title, I didn't find any music video or anything. However, I found this:

Ohhh wow. xDD I'm only a casual fan of Arashi, I listen to their music but I don't know any of their names or anything. (I can't see myself ever getting into Johnny's like I did with Hello! Project, one uber idol group is enough. X_x) Still though, it's really amusing to have a girl's song playing over a video of a guy group. xD And apparently the Arashi version added some parts, considering this video has to cut to audio from We can make it! in order to fit with the PV. xD

It's always weird to find out that a song I listen to a lot is a cover, cause I always think of the one I heard first as the original. I kept almost referring to We can make it! as the original in this post...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

is it really a cover if it's the same tune with totally different lyrics (even if you translate it it's still quite different)? It's like a half-cover or something. That video is quite funny though

IndigoSkies said...

Well, not really. I know the lyrics are totally different. But I don't know what else to call it. xD

Anonymous said...

Hey!

Actually Angela Carlson was the one who did a cover for the song. Johnny's bought the rights of the soundtrack to some Swedish recording company.. XDDD who also later on gave the rights to Angela Carlson... ^o^

I'm an Arashi fan so you can pretty much trust me. This is what Johnny's get for buying songs in Sweden.. -_- Anyways, We can make it is so much more better than her version.. ^^ (bias, here) LOLS!

IndigoSkies said...

Really? On both Wikipedia and ThePPN Wiki, it said that We can make it! is the cover. And the Arashi version came out after the other one...

Either way, Arashi's version is much better. xD

Anonymous said...

Oops, my mistake... ^-^

I meant the other Australian girl..who did a cover for this song. You are right that Angela Carlson was the first one.. ^^

Gosh, there are just way too many people doing a version of this song... >0< Lols!

Artemis said...

Here is a link to her version of the song. As far as I know, it is a live version from a TV show (just audio):

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=z7NL5O4A95w

Anonymous said...

I heard a song in a shop the other day and I recognised it as "We can make it" in English, sung by a woman and it's been annoying me for ages! So thanks for this post! I've finally found out haha. Turns out those Swedish composers are mentioned on Arashi's album info :) so even though it's a "half cover" at least they're giving credit to who wrote it~ :D

But yes, Arashi's is the best version!