Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Valentine Kiss 2008

Hehe, I thought cause of the rereleases we weren't getting a special Valentine Kiss single this year (it's a Prince of Tennis tradition to have a character release a cover of that old 80s song "Valentine Kiss" on or around Valentine's Day- 2004 was Atobe, 2005 was Oshitari, 2006 was Atobe and Oshitari again, 2007 was Sanada...) cause there hasn't been anything listed under "Prince of Tennis" on both CD Japan and Yesasia. But I was looking up Atobe's Valentine Kiss singles on Yesasia cause I couldn't remember which cover went with which year (the one where he's wearing purple is 2004, the one where he's wearing red is 2006- it's the same pose for every Valentine Kiss single. xD) and one of the results that came up when I searched "Valentine Kiss" under music was a single called Valentine Kiss coming out on 2008.02.14...so of course I checked it, and guess what? This year, it's KAI YUUJIROU! xD Haha, I looked at the Japanese image and saw "Higa Chuu" and immediately assumed it was Kite, the captain, since I don't know the kanji for any of their names, but then when I went to double check, it was KAI! 8D YEAAAAAH that just makes it so much better!
Lol, I liked Kai. He's the guy that got uberly pwned by Eiji in Eiji's only singles match in like the entirety of his regular-ness. xD (but Eiji actually played doubles. With himself. I know, wtf, but it was kick-ass!) THAT WAS THE UBER UBER EMO ANGSTY EPISODE! I LOVE THAT EPISODE~ 8DD
He's the guy on the left of this screenshot if you seriously don't know who he is.
So, yeah, Kai from Higa gets the Valentine Kiss single this year. I still want Tezuka to sing it, but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen. Maybe a bonus track if he releases another album. That's how Shishido and Ooishi got their Valentine Kiss covers...(I was hoping Kaidou would cover it on his album from a couple months back, but he didn't. He covered the Cap to Bin song "Thank You!!" though...)


Shalala suteki ni KISS...shalala sugao ni KISS...xD I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR THIS! 8DDDDD



Oh, and I saw that the original artist (I think) is releasing a single called "Valentine Kiss 2008". xD How many versions of this song are out there? Lucky Star did a cover of it too...xDD

No comments: