Wednesday, October 3, 2007

byTachikiritai - Koi no Gekidasa Ecstasy opening video out!



alsdkfjaweoiruasldkfjalweirsudlsifkj
YAAAAAAYYYY
Ah, I love new openings. =D

Ok, I have to say, I definitely don't like this opening as much as Flower ~Saki Midareshi Hana~ and Kakaeta Kiseki, the first two PoT OVA openings. But this is still pretty good...
I'm still wtf-ing over the title and the members of the group. And when the song hit the line "sore ja gekidasa daze!" ("that's lame!") I facepalmed. Sigh.
But I like it.
I mean, there's FULL DEVIL MODE KIRIHARA. =D YAAAAYY

I find it weird that this opening seems to be more centered on Shitenhouji and Rikkai than Seigaku (with the exception of Ryoma, of course)...there was a quick thing at the beginning where each member was shown, then they had two team pics, but the rest was all either Ryoma/wild kid (can't remember his name, to be honest I really couldn't care less about Shitenhouji, except the blatantly gay doubles pair, they're funny) or Shitenhouji/Rikkai.
Wonder if the Rikkai stuff is foreshadowing for the finals? Or they're going to fill in the match between Rikkai and that other team in the semifinals that has all the foreigners.

So, I kinda think the video for this is pretty boring. It's really simple, and it's not that much new footage- lots of still pics instead. I was hoping for cool scenes where people show off their uber tennis stills, but nope...just a bit of the wild kid, and then the Kirihara scene...


Anyway, the REAL reason I'm uber happy about this showing up on the internet is because that means that the new episodes should come out soon! =D
They were released over a week ago, so they're due out soon...the raws, at least. Wish there was a good subbing group working on this, but...=/ oh well.


EDIT: According to the Japanese Wikipedia (and double-checked on the actual opening video), the group is actually called "byTachikiritai". Wtf.
No, I'm not just confusing the "by" with like the actual word in a sentence, it's in the actual Japanese name, by断ち切り隊
DDD: I'M EVEN MORE CONFUSED NOW

The Japanese Wikipedia also mentions something about the origins of the name of the group and the song title...apparently the "by" has something to do with Chitose (something about a different dialect and saying "bai" instead of "tai" or something? oh how I wish it was in English so I could really understand it), the "Tachikiritai" is from Fuji, who apparently says "断ち切る" ("tachikiru", maybe? dunno what that means, but apparently he says it). And the song title itself, Koi no Gekidasa Ecstasy..."gekidasa" comes from Shishido, and "ecstasy" is from Shiraishi.
That still doesn't explain the uber random choice of group members or anything. D: I'm still confused...

No comments: